Our well and septic inspections meet all FHA Standards and our inspectors are North Carolina certified. With Precision Home Inspection, Inc., a well and septic inspection includes evaluating and testing every major component to ensure each system is functioning properly.
Your well & septic inspection includes:
- Probing and evaluation of leach field lines
- Checking for past or present leaks
- Inspecting the leach field for sogginess
- Tank interior inspection if lid is accessible
- Water quality testing including certified lab results
- Full testing of all major components of each system
Tips for maintaining your septic system:
- Do not put too much water into the septic system; typical water use is about 50 gallons per day for each person in the family.
- Do not add materials (chemicals, sanitary napkins, applicators, and so on) other than domestic waste water.
- Restrict the use of your garbage disposal.
- Do not pour grease or cooking oils down the sink drain.
- Make a diagram showing the location of your tank drainfield and repair area.
- Install a watertight concrete riser over the septic tank to simplify access.
- Have your septic tank pumped approximately every 5 years.
- Maintain adequate vegetative cover over the drainfield.
- Keep surface waters away from the tank and drainfield.
- Keep automobiles and heavy equipment off the system.
- Do not plan any building additions, pools, driveways, or other construction work near the septic system or the repair area.
Call Precision Home today for your well and septic tank inspection.